Fair & Acceptable Usage Policy
Electric, Gas, Water and Broadband (“Utilities”) are subject to this Fair and Acceptable Usage Policy to ensure that your energy and water usage is not excessive and kept within reasonable and sensible limits. Should the Fair Usage Allowance be exceeded, we reserve the right to apply a supplemental charge to cover the amount by which the allowance was exceeded. Information surrounding the Fair Usage Allowance can be found below or on our website. Within the Fair and Acceptable Usage Policy, you will also find information surrounding your responsibilities to help keep your network secure. Please ensure that anybody using the Utilities agrees with this policy and is aware of their obligations under it. This extends to members of your household, or anybody accessing the network at the property or visiting the property.
Fair Usage Allowance – Electric and Gas
A Fair Usage Allowance will apply to ensure that your energy usage is not excessive and kept within reasonable and sensible limits. The allowances are designed to be generous and if you are sensible with your energy consumption, it is unlikely you will exceed these limits. This is based on an average monthly energy consumption taken from data over 24 months
Should consumption exceed fair use limits, the excess will be recharged.
The heating in the house will be kept within the recommended and legal range.
Electric heaters are not permitted on the premises unless supplied by the landlord. These must be pat tested, can present a fire risk and are unnecessary, as the heating is within parameters.
Anyone found with an electric heater will incur a £250 cost for electricity used and may be evicted for breach of contract.
Water usage must be kept within reasonable limits and comparable with other properties of the same size in the area. Should we deem the usage at the property to be excessive, you will be informed and allowed the opportunity to reduce your usage. Should you continue to use water excessively, a supplemental charge may apply, to cover any costs that we deem to exceed a fair amount.
The telephone line is installed for broadband purposes only. We do not provide a telephone and the cost of calls is not included in your payment. Should you provide and use your own telephone within the property, additional charges will apply.
Security & Other users - You are responsible for ensuring that your usernames, passwords and login details for any internet service or equipment remain confidential so that the network cannot be used by any unauthorized person including, but not limited to, those controlling access to;
(a) any computer hardware systems or networks
(b) any computer software or applications
(c) any other services accessed by you in the use of either of the above.
You shall not disclose these credentials to any third party or use the same for any purpose connected with the improper use of the network including accessing or attempting to access other parts of the services for which you do not have access rights. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps necessary to prevent a third party obtaining access to our network. You must immediately advise us if you become aware of any violation or suspected violation of these security provisions. You are responsible for all uses made of the broadband through your account (whether authorised or unauthorised) and for any breach of this policy whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or should have known about it, whether or not you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission. Although the internet is designed to appeal to a broad audience, it’s your responsibility to determine whether any of the content accessed via the broadband service is appropriate for children or others in your household home to view or use.
- Granting access to our broadband service to others not specifically authorized by us.
- Activities that invade another’s privacy, cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Sending, receiving, publishing, posting, distributing, disseminating, encouraging the receipt of, uploading, downloading, recording, reviewing, streaming or using any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, unlawful, harassing or menacing or a breach of the copyright, trademark, intellectual property, confidence, privacy or any other rights of any person. Unlawful, fraudulent, criminal or otherwise illegal activities. Collecting, streaming, distributing or accessing any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.
- Activities that are in breach of any other third party’s rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material.
- Anything that may disrupt or interfere with the network or services or cause a host or the network to crash. Launching “denial of service” attacks; “mail bombing” attacks; or “flooding” attacks against a host or network. Creating, transmitting, storing or publishing any virus, Trojan, corrupting programme or corrupted data.
Breaches of this Policy
If any guest acts in such a way as to constitute a breach of the fair use policy or if we deem that your use of the utilities is negligent, we may at our sole discretion, either give notice to stop the unacceptable use(s) or terminate your contract with immediate effect